The Westside Theatre, a commercial Off-Broadway Theatre, seeks applicants for a position as Assistant Box Office Treasurer beginning in June 2019 for an upcoming show in our Downstairs Theatre (249-seats).
Assistant Box Office Treasurer is often the first face a patron sees at the Westside Theatre. Excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to coordinate with other front of house staff, production staff, and WST administration is a necessity. Schedule has some flexibility, but does include evenings, weekends, and some holidays. The position is full-time, salaried, and includes benefits.
- Responsibilities include: Efficiently communicating information about current and future productions to a diverse demographic of patrons, including: show descriptions, ticketing policies and prices, and ADA accessibility to both theatres
- Processing single ticket sales, group sales, company house seat and complimentary ticket requests using the Telecharge Star System
- Responding to audience questions and concerns, troubleshooting, and resolving customer service issues with patrons
- Working with Shubert Ticketing to troubleshoot ticketing issues and requests for cancellations, exchanges, and past dates
- Maintaining communication with Head Treasurer, company management and administration, making note of any ticketing incidents or issues
- Assisting Head Treasurer with the building and activation of marketing codes, prepping each night’s performance, and other additional box office responsibilities as necessary
- Working with Head Treasurer and Company Manager to audit and finalize each performance, including pulling a variety of sales reports via the Telecharge Star System
- Maintaining the box office bank for cash sales and auditing at the end of each day for accuracy
- Liaising with artists, guests of administration, production staff, messengers, etc. upon their entry to the theatre
- Other duties as assigned by Head Treasurer, Operations Manager, or General Manager
Applicants must be self-motivated, calm under pressure, excellent at customer service and communication, and collaborative. The ideal applicant will have previous box office and/or front of house experience, attention to detail, discretion and diplomacy when necessary, experience handling cash, and a sense of humor. Previous experience with a computerized ticket system, especially the Telecharge Star System preferred. Must be available evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Please send resume and a brief cover letter (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF format preferred. Please include “ASSISTANT BOX OFFICE TREASURER” and your name in the full subject line. Deadline for submissions is June 3, 2019. No phone calls please.