Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York City, NY 10023
Assistant to the Artistic Director
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus, which is home to 11 separate resident organizations. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
As the Assistant to the Artistic Director, you will provide critical administrative support to the head of our Programming team and get a behind the scenes look into the vibrant programming across Lincoln Center.
· Executing contracts and settlements (artist, co-presentation, and commissioning agreements) once terms are set with artist managers, producing organizations, and music publishers.
· Managing schedule and providing administrative support to AD such as screening calls, coordinating meetings, preparing T&E reports, preparing travel itineraries, and proofreading correspondence.
· Managing the maintenance of departmental database, ArtsVision. Establishing standard operating procedures for database, suggesting and leading changes to current procedures, as needed. Enforcing compliance with procedures across all database users. Ensuring the integrity and cleanliness of the data.
· Monitoring financial information for AD, including allocated funds for budgeted and projected figures. Tracking performance and series budgets.
· Trafficking materials between Programming, Marketing and PR (ie: brochure production, advertisements, articles and press releases).
· Completing quarterly royalty reports with music licensing firms ASCAP and BMI.
· Building itineraries, arranging transportation and hotel for artists, when necessary.
· Preparing purchase order requests, processing vendor invoices, processing payments to artists and Venue Hall bills through the Purchasing and Finance Departments.
· Preparing monthly accruals for Accounting. Acting as departmental liaison between Programming and constituent organizations
· Managing departmental administrative affairs including operational needs of Programming team and liaising with other LCPA departments; Organizing regular staff and interdepartmental meetings, maintain supplies and coordinating technical support from IT.
· Minimum three years of experience working with and/or supporting a senior executive