School of Visual Arts
New York, NY 10010
JOB TITLE: Assistant to the Casting Coordinator, Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Resource Management
REPORTS TO: Model Registrar
POSITION OVERVIEW: To assist the Casting Coordinator with the day-to-day tasks of the Casting Office which books and recruits talent for numerous academic instructors. This position will work with Casting Coordinator to provide talent utilized in animation, film and production classes in an effort to support an inspiring classroom experience as required by the students and faculty of the School of Visual Arts. Requires sensitivity and appropriate handling of confidential information, as well as a professional, proactive and organized approach to the responsibilities outlined below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with the scheduling of actors for various classes, student films, and instructor projects
· Answer phones, take messages and handle inquiries from instructors, talent (models/actors/dancers) and students
· Contact instructors, students and talent regarding assignments and class needs
· Ensure that there are a sufficient number of qualified independent contractor actors available to cover SVA’s needs.
· Maintain a detailed FileMaker Pro database which includes course, booking, instructor and actor information
· Assist with the coordination of casting mixer and casting readings; including the preparation of forms, orientation and follow up interviews.
· Assist with payment of actor invoices for the Model Registry and Accounts Payable Office, including check distribution and direct deposit.
· Collect and analyze actor reviews to facilitate booking the most appropriate actor for each assignment by providing the best talent possible based on instructor and student needs.
· Work with students, in-class and privately to assist with the casting process for student films and projects
· Assist in conducting auditions to add talent to the database and mock auditions with students so they may learn the basics of the process, including best practices.
· Assist the Casting Coordinator with SAG-AFTRA issues to assist the students in filing their films with the guild.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· College degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· A positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse group of people with poise and maturity
· Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
· Working knowledge of computerized databases or scheduling systems and of FileMaker Pro (database software), MS Word, Excel (Mac Platform).
School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
August 8, 2018 -