New York, NY 10016
Agents in the Literary Division of a New York Theatrical Agency specializing in the representation of playwrights, composers, lyricists, directors, choreographers and designers for Broadway, Off-Broadway, opera and international productions, as well as film and television, seeks a well-rounded Administrative Assistant, with at least two years' work experience, to support two of our Theatrical Agents in the Literary Division. This is an ideal position for someone with prior experience in the business side of theatre.
General office responsibilities include: All administrative and support tasks, with access to negotiations, contracts, and client services.
• Knowledge of and interest in the theatre community.
• Excellent organization skills, with a strong attention to detail.
• Computer literacy (Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and internet research).
• Excellent writing and verbal skills, including a professional, upbeat phone manner.
• Must have a facility with processing money, financial follow-up, record keeping, summarizing deal terms and other administrative tasks.
• The ability to multi-task.
• The ability to conduct business under occasional stressful circumstances.
• Must be able to prioritize and shift focus as priorities change.
• Self-motivated, takes initiative, and able to work effectively and independently as an individual.
• Must have a sense of humor, a thick skin and a willingness to approach any task with a positive attitude.
• College degree is required.
It is essential that the candidate is able to join several agents and assistants in the division and work as part of a team. This is a full- time position with benefits, with an excellent opportunity for growth. Please send a cover letter, a current resume and a list of at least three professional references to. Include ''Literary Assistant'' in the subject field. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.