Brooklyn, NY 11231
Finance Friend, founded by Melanie Hopkins, provides business management services and financial consulting to small businesses and startups across a wide range of industries.
The Bookkeeper will play a significant role in ensuring timely and accurate data processing for clients. This position will report to the Founder and CEO, Melanie Hopkins.
• Perform Quickbooks data entry for clients as needed.
• Prepare and proof client payrolls.
• Process client invoices, check requests, and expense reports, and follow up on unsubstantiated charges.
• Maintain digital files for all clients.
• Reconcile clients’ accounts on a monthly basis and follow up on discrepancies and anomalies.
• Provide additional client administrative support as needed.
• Provide general administrative support to the CEO as needed.
• 1-2 years of bookkeeping experience required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Proficiency with Quickbooks Online required as well as comfort learning and working within different databases and systems.
• Professional telephone manner and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent, detail-oriented proofreading skills.
• Ability to work remotely required.
• $20/hour for 10-20 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please list Bookkeeper in the subject line.