Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park has launched the audition process for the 2019-2020 Bruce E. Coyle Acting Internship Program.
In order to further the development of the next generation of American actors, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park has supported one of the nation's most respected internship programs since 1996. Named in honor of Bruce E. Coyle, a production stage manager and essential member of the Playhouse family for more than 20 years, the internship runs the full length of the season, from August to May. The focus of the program is to support young actors as they learn how a regional theater company operates and how to build a multi-faceted life as an artist.
- Perform in one to two children's theater productions that tour to schools and community centers.
- Work side by side with professional directors and actors.
- Perform in the annual production of A Christmas Carol.
- May have the opportunity to play other minor main stage roles.
- Have the opportunity to understudy main stage roles.
- Gain EMC points whenever involved in an Equity production.
- Produce, create and perform in site specific programming for Young Professionals.
- Receive training and opportunities to build a resume as a Teaching Artist.
- Are assigned to running crews for a maximum of two main stage productions.
- Perform light administrative tasks connected to teaching, department projects and producing assignments.
- Receive a stipend plus health insurance. The Playhouse does not provide housing.
- Participate in professional development trainings.
There is a three-step process for auditions, General Auditions, Call Backs and Interviews. Candidates must be able to attend an in-person Call Back to be considered for the program. Interviews can be done remotely.
GENERAL AUDITION MATERIAL
Please prepare two contrasting, contemporary monologues and 16 bars of a classic Christmas carol to be sung A Capella. The audition should be no longer than 3 minutes total.
Bring headshots and resumes with you or submit with video link online.
Audition Schedule by Location:
General Auditions: Sunday, January 27, 2019
Call back Auditions: Saturday, February 16 or 17, 2019
New York City, NY
General Auditions: Thursday, January 31 or Friday, February 1, 2019
Call back Auditions: Saturday, February 2 or Sunday, February 3, 2019
Videos are to be submitted through www.cincyplay.com, go to the employment page and select the Bruce E. Coyle Acting Internship Program on the right and follow prompts.
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2019
TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:
Go to www.cincyplay.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select EMPLOYMENT. On the employment page select Acting Internships. Links to sign up for audition slots and submit video auditions can be found there. Please no calls or materials submitted through mail.
August 31, 2019 - May 24, 2020