New York, NY 10036
Reports To: Director of Finance & Operations
Job Status: Full Time, Salaried
Salary & Benefits: $30,000; Paid Holidays; Vacation Time; Professional Development Opportunities; 401k Matching Program; Cultural Stipend; Health Benefits; Access to FSA and Pre-Tax Transit
Est Start Date: Immediate
Wingspan Arts is seeking a detailed and well-organized Business Manager to provide bookkeeping and handle accounts payable and receivable. This position will also work with new hire processing, student accounts, and assist with compliance and auditing. The Business Manager must have excellent critical thinking skills, as well as a friendly, helpful, can-do attitude.
· Basic bookkeeping, including transaction entries and monthly accounts reconciliation
· Accounts Payable
· Process tuition payments and manage student registration changes
· Process part-time employee and contractor hiring paperwork; Manage fingerprinting and background checks
· Assist in the preparation of the annual audit as directed
· Lead and implement digital and paper document filing
· Perform any other related duties or special projects as directed
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or arts administration; non-profit experience a plus
· 1 – 2 years experience at the manager level
· Strong computer application and database skills, including good knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks
· Skilled in processing significant amounts of numerical and other data
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· High attention to detail and highly organized
· Polished presentation skills
· Ability to professionally and effectively communicate via email, over on the phone and in person as a representative of Wingspan Arts
What’s Great about Wingspan?
If you’re excited about this job, get ready! This position will join a staff of passionate and fun-loving arts professionals. Wingspan partners with over 300 teaching artists who are on the cutting edge of providing high-quality, innovative arts curriculum to over 5,000 students each year. As a non-profit, we pride ourselves on never turning a child away because they cannot afford to participate. We love what we do, and we’re looking for someone who will love it too. We know you’re out there, future co-worker, so prepare a professional, polished, uniquely-you cover letter and resume. Show us how awesome it will be to add you to our team! Check us out at WingspanArts.org.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Business Manager
No phone calls; This position will work at the Wingspan Arts head office in New York, NY.