Washington, DC 20004
The National Theatre - located in the heart of downtown Washington, DC - seeks a highly motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented individual with entertainment and/or tourism marketing and PR experience to serve as its Communications Manager. This position will focus on supporting the Director of Marketing in ideating and implementing press and marketing efforts for both the Broadway at the National season as well as additional programming including concerts, comedians, and speakers.
The Communications Manager will:
● With the Director of Marketing, cultivate and maintain a favorable public image for the National by securing both event-specific and general interest coverage, strategically identifying and engaging media in the DC/Metro area, and on a national scale when appropriate.
Desired skills and experience
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
● 2-4 years of experience in public relations and/or marketing; preference given to those with experience in entertainment and/or tourism industries.
● Established press relationships and contacts in the DC/Metro area a plus.
● Experience providing customer service support via social media a plus.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Able to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, and handle multiple tasks at a time.
● Able to work non-traditional hours before, during, and after shows as needed.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample by February 28, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format subject line as APPLICATION - Communications Manager - Your Name. Salary commensurate with experience.