Aspen, CO 81611
Theatre Aspen’s Company Manager is a seasonal position reporting to the General Management team and is responsible for providing the essential support required to maintain an efficient theatrical producing company. This position is an important link for all departments and carries with it a substantial need for understanding of, and adherence to, organizational hierarchy and appropriate communication pathways. The Company Manager has specific responsibilities regarding hospitality, housing, travel, meals, transportation, and events included but not limited to:
· Meet and greet incoming designers, performers, crew and apprentices. Provide tours of facilities, assign and track keys, provides welcome packet including phone lists, “rules of the house,” rehearsals schedules, area maps, and local attractions.
· Serves as liaison between company and theatre administration.
· First emergency responder for company.
· Coordinate logistics for company extracurricular activities (rafting trip, parties, etc.).
Housing, Travel, Meals, and Transportation
· Arrange travel and assists Associate General Manager with temporary local housing for incoming company, ensuring compliance with union requirements when necessary.
· Facilitate the distribution of company bike fleet.
· Coordinate ground transportation and car rental needs including but not limited to: airport pick-up and drop offs, grocery and food runs associated with company members.
· Set up and break down housing for seasonal employees, following individual lease agreement terms.
· Maintain inventory of household items for housing facilities before, during and after the season.
· Facilitate company meals and craft services for rehearsals, techs, and special events.
· Execute trade agreements with local vendors (ie: uses ad trade for company meals), responsible for tracking all trade usage throughout the summer season.
· Assist management team in onboarding process - welcome packet, orientation, Human Recourse paperwork.
· Coordinate Child Wrangler schedule as needed.
Qualifications/ Required Skills
· Acute attention to detail with strong organizational and adaptability skills.
· Able to manage multiple projects at once and operate in line with proven systems.
· Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, creative and management teams, children, and parents.
· Must be kind, patience, and overall respectful of people’s needs and concerns.
· A passion for the performing arts.
· Valid driver’s license
· Own car preferred.
· CPR and First Aid certification (Theatre Aspen will provide training if needed).
· Willingness to be subjected to a routine background check
Term of employment:
· May 1st – first week of September with possibility of extending through October.
· Compensation: Weekly salary
· Housing provided
Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Theatre Aspen is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
May 1, 2019 - September 1, 2019