Desktop Analyst (PT)
Brooklyn Academy of Music
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Desktop Analyst (PT)
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, is looking for a part time Desktop Analyst to help provide coverage for our help desk during evenings and weekends. The schedule for this role is estimated for 20 - 24 hours per week.
The Desktop Analyst will provide first level technical support for users across various departments who are experiencing technical issues with hardware, software, and application related issues. This includes installations, moves, adds, changes, remote user support, and technical problem resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of technical issues along with resolution in the ticketing system.
- Manage user expectations by maintaining an open and respectful communication channel with peers and staff.
- Maintain a frustration free work environment for staff by minimizing disruptions and downtime.
- Maintain a strong desire for continual professional growth by learning new skills and technologies.
- Resolve computer support problems reported to BAM IT Help Desk
- Work within a team environment to install, upgrade, and configure various Windows operating systems. Troubleshoot compatible software applications and hardware within a Windows environment which includes servers, pc’s, and end-user devices.
- Maintain a strong customer service focus, develop great working relationships across the various departments, and cater to technical requirements.
- Field end user support calls from various client sites.
- Assist with desktop software distribution, patch management, and upgrades.
- Create and manage user accounts, computer accounts, and groups in Active Directory.
- Manage antivirus and antispyware software to help protect and secure business continuity.
- Actively work to reduce system risk levels and exposure to threats through continuous monitoring of desktops, servers, and other networked devices.
- Maintain inventory records and develop a replacement schedule based on established refresh cycle.
- Assist with conference room setups. Maintain and ensure that the conference room hardware is in working order.
- Escalate technical issues as necessary to the Technical Support Manager.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing work
- Document internal procedures and create training documents for users and other IT personnel.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation.
- Perform coaching and mentoring for supported applications and peripheral devices.
- Ability to solve problems on Windows and Mac platforms with equal proficiency.
- Available 20 – 24 hours per week
- Available to work evening and weekend hours
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of BAM supported products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person. .
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer support skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Must have solid working background with hardware support/troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of PC Hardware.
- Strong knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory.
- Willingness and ability to lift 60lbs (min.) unassisted.
- Maintain communications with staff during the problem resolution process.
- Physical demands, overtime, on-call duties, and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel.
- A strong sense of motivation and high level of commitment.
Pay: $30 - $35 per hour, commensurate with experience. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
$30-35 per hour