Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival/Merry-Go-Round Playhouse
Auburn, NY 13021
Director of Audience Services
Director of Audience Services & Patron Relations
Employer: Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, Inc.
Location: Auburn, NY 13021
Reports to: Managing Director
The Director of Audience Services ensures a seamless, efficient, positive and thorough series of relationships and sales transactions between the organization and its significant customer base and community constituents. This is a year round, full time salaried position. Flexible schedule required. Oversees box office, group sales, front of house, bar/concession and patron donation operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Coordinating and leading box office functions for nationally recognized regional theatre with robust subscription and single ticket sales components.
· Optimizing efficiency in all areas of sales (subscriptions, groups, single tickets, etc.), stressing customer service and patron retention.
· Supervising box office staff and serving as front line manager for all transactions
· Creating staff schedules and maintaining all software systems as required.
· Negotiating and driving group sales, coordinating the annual group sales reception, creating contracts, soliciting and maintaining group retention.
· Overseeing Front of House operations; hiring and training staff in emergency/crowd control procedures and concession/bar operations. Scheduling all wine sponsors for the season and ordering/tracking wine and beer sales; ordering all bar materials for the season.
· Planning and executing annual usher enrollment.
· Managing and tracking data, including extensive reporting, gift entry, donor benefits and acknowledgements, playbill recognition, acknowledgement letters and audit reconciliations. Team spirit and extensive collaboration with development and marketing departments.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in box office duties, including supervisory responsibilities, donor stewardship, sales and immaculate record keeping.
· Should be well versed in ticketing software, Excel and Microsoft Word.
· Accuracy, integrity & confidentiality in handling financial transactions according to established cash management controls.
· Ability to manage a support team of 4-10 full & part-time employees, achieve projected sales goals, resolve issues & foster positive working relationships in a team environment.
· Commitment to customer service policies and standards. Must work effectively with staff, patrons, donors, sponsors & the public while always presenting a positive image of the organization.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Diplomacy, tact, sense of humor, flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm.
· Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility of schedule during the season to accommodate some evening corporate/donor events.
Please submit resume, salary requirement and 3 references to email@example.com.
March 26, 2018 -