Classic Stage Company (CSC) in New York City seeks an entrepreneurial and dynamic Director of Development to lead and oversee all fundraising for this critically acclaimed theater company led by Tony-Award winning Artistic Director. The Director of Development is a vital member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the COO/General Manager and working closely with Artistic Director. The Director of Development will have a passion for the arts, preferably theater and CSC’s mission.
CSC is an award-winning Off-Broadway theater committed to reimagining classic stories for contemporary audiences. Iti is a home for New York’s finest established and emerging artists to grapple with great works of the world’s repertory that speak directly to the issues of the day.
CSC serves 35,000 audience members annually and is a $3.5M organization, of which approximately 50-60% is generated by contributed income. The Director of the Development will:
· Lead all fundraising efforts, strategy and operations for individual, patron, special events, institutional, government and corporate funders to achieve contributed income goals
· Oversee the creation, implementation and analysis of all fundraising strategies and operations using best industry practices, data and research, to set goals across all contributed income lines
- Front-line fundraise with individuals and institutional donors and collaborate with Board, Artistic Director and COO/GM in these efforts
- Develop and execute practices to deepen and steward donor, member and patron engagement.
- Liaison directly with Board and appropriate Board Committees on all fundraising and Board Development initiatives
- Create collateral and related materials for fundraising and Board Development/ retention activities
- Manage grant writer and/or fundraising consultants
· Work with CSC’s Marketing Department and Audience Services Department to execute per show and institutional fundraising messaging and appeals
· Work with CSC team and Board on special events
· Manage Board development, research, cultivation and retention
· Prepare overall tracking reports for COO/GM, AD and Board and present at Board meetings
· Manage department budget
- 5 years experience in fundraising, with at least two years in a fundraising management position
- Experience in planning, projecting revenue and executing strategy, both short term and long term
- Experience in using a dispciplined fundraising portfolio and/or tracking systems to monitor, manage and report
- Experience/comfort with front line fundraising
- Experience in board and donor communcation
- Experience planning and managing fundraising events
- Goal and detail-oriented with excellent organizational, writing and communication skills; the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or above and 5 years of fundarising experience, including 2 years in a fundraising managerial position. This is a full-time, (EOE) position with competitive salary and benefits. The position requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. Please email a cover letter, fundraising writing sample, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Development Director in subject line. No phone calls please.