New York, NY 10036
RCI Theatricals is a Theatrical General Management Company established in 1997. Current projects include Broadway's Anastasia, the upcoming Broadway productions of American Son and Torch Song, as well as many shows in development. RCI has managed over 50 Broadway shows, including Children of a Lesser God, Fiddler on the Roof, Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella, It's Only a Play, The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Musical), Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill, The Glass Menagerie, You Can't Take It With You, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Tony Award® for Best Revival of a Play), All the Way (Tony Award® for Best Play), August: Osage County (Tony Award® for Best Play), and many more.
RCI is looking for an intern to join our team and learn the ropes of managing Broadway shows in the midst of a busy and exciting Broadway season. We are looking for a self-starting individual focusing on a career in general management, company management, producing, or arts administration. Ideal candidates should be professional and fun, efficient and detail-oriented, up for any challenge and enjoy finding solutions, and have excellent computer skills and a sense of humor.
RCI's internship program offers an intensive experience in commercial theatrical management, including seminars and career coaching with RCI staff members; mock creation of budgets, contracts, and show management and tracking; as well as practical applications and exposure to our current projects.
- General upkeep of a fast-paced office, including answering and redirecting phone calls, handling mail, copying, scanning, filing, running errands, etc.
- Help with accounts receivable, payable, bank statement reconciliation, and audits
- Drafting correspondence
- Inquiries into rehearsal studio availability and rates
- Coordination of show- and actor-related travel needs (transportation, housing, etc.)
- Script coverage
- Assistance with documenting and storing production billing, contracts, correspondence, payroll, etc.
- Additional unique projects as assigned (examples include contract drafting, assisting with management of readings, and opening night planning)
Hours are flexible Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Full-time candidates are preferred, but part-time schedules are available. Additional evening or weekend commitments for special events will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Each intern will receive either college credit or a modest weekly stipend. RCI is happy to complete any necessary paperwork for students seeking college credit through this internship.
- Intensive training as well as specific duties and projects under the guidance of experienced supervisors
- Opportunity to shadow company managers for all of our productions in New York
- Observe other aspects of the business (advertising, marketing, etc.), in accordance with the intern's interests
- An individual desk, computer, and email account
- Complimentary ticket offers as available
Recent participants in RCI's Internship Program have gone on to hold positions at:
101 Productions, Disney Theatrical Group, Dodger Theatricals, DR Theatrical Management, Foresight Theatrical, Frankel Green Theatrical Management, Goodspeed Musicals, Paper Mill Playhouse, Richards/Climan, Inc., Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Teatro Proscenium, Telsey + Co., Theatre for a New Audience, Troika Entertainment, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Zach Theatre
Please send cover letter and resume as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please note if you are available full- or part-time and your preferred start and end dates.
Job Start Date: August 20, 2018 (flexible)
Job End Date: December 21, 2018 (flexible)
August 20, 2018 - December 21, 2018