The Play Company
New York, NY 10036
The Play Company is accepting applications for its Internship Program in the areas of special events/Development and marketing. Our internship program is an excellent opportunity for emerging arts professionals to gain practical, hands-on experience in a professional Theatre setting. Through close mentoring with our staff, interns will collaborate on a diverse array of projects, and our goal is to provide interns with the tools & resources to grow into competitive professionals in the field.
We are currently seeking interns in the following areas for our upcoming production period of July 2018 - October 2018.
This internship plays a pivotal role in the fundraising management of our company. Intern(s) will work closely with our Development department on the cultivation of prospective donors, annual campaigns, and will actively manage several components of our upcoming annual gala, Cabaret Gourmet, scheduled for March 2019
· Manage & process reservations and requests for Special Events such as The Broadway Benefit and Cabaret Gourmet.
· Assist the Development department in the planning and execution of Special Events
· Assist in the creation of content for upcoming fundraising campaigns and grant proposals.
· Assist in Patron Manager database management.
· Conduct research on potential funding opportunities.
· General administrative & office duties.
· Assist staff as needed.
Marketing & Outreach:
The Play Company Marketing Department develops and executes marketing campaigns for our 3 seasonal productions, maintains the website, manages PlayCo’s social media channels and actively participates in other benefits, workshops, and events throughout the season. The Marketing and Communications Intern reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Outreach and plays a pivotal role in the growth of PlayCo’s brand and season success. The Marketing & Outreach department works in tandem with our Development Department to grow audiences, awareness, and support of the organization.
Interns will get hands-on experience with all aspects of the Marketing department that will include:
· Assist the Marketing staff on all seasonal and production campaigns
· Research and development of Marketing collateral for the upcoming production cycles.
· Assist in the management of social media and collateral to ensure the PlayCo brand has a strong presence and accurate representation.
· Assist in grass roots efforts of production/event marketing.
· Manage the content of social media platforms under the guidance of the Marketing Manager.
· Assist the Marketing staff in devising ticketing strategies.
· Coordinate website updates.
· General administrative & office duties.
Qualifications for ideal Internship applicants:
· Knowledge of the performing arts industry.
· Reliable and detail-oriented.
· Superior time-management and organizational skills.
· Excellent writing & communication skills.
· Ability to think strategically.
· Fluency in a foreign language is a plus for Artistic internship.
· Special event experience a plus for Development Internship.
· Experience with QuickBooks and is a plus for the producing Internship.
· Ability to both autonomously and as a team player required.
· Both graduate & undergraduate students encouraged to apply.
About The Play Company:
The Play Company, PlayCo, is an OBIE Award-winning Off Broadway theatre production company. Now in its eighteenth season, PlayCo develops and produces adventurous new plays from the U.S. and around the world, advancing a dynamic global view of contemporary theatre and expanding the American theatre repertoire.
As the only New York theatre regularly producing outstanding contemporary plays from abroad alongside new American work, PlayCo’s distinctive international programming links American theatre with world theatre, American artists with the global creative community, and American audiences with a whole world of plays.
Time Requirements & Stipend:
The Internship Program will begin at the start of each school semester, including summer. Start and end dates are flexible, and we ask a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week for all internships. Weekly schedules are flexible and able to navigate class schedules and other employment.
PlayCo offers a monthly travel stipend by pre-purchasing an unlimited monthly MetroCard to all interns who commit to a minimum of 20 hours/week. Academic credit is also available for applicable students.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Robert Bradshaw, Managing Director at email@example.com. Please Note: These are two separate internships. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
We are also accepting applications for future semesters for applicants pursuing internships in advance.
NO CALLS PLEASE