BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
The Print Trafficker will facilitate all shipping and tracking of films for both repertory and first run cinema programs. The Print Trafficker will work closely with the Projectionist, Technical Manager, and Cinema Department Coordinator to asses and organize print traffic needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Film Shipping: Interact with studios/distributors/filmmakers or other film representatives and to speak with couriers/shippers who represent the above to guarantee that all materials are delivered on time. To ensure that materials are returned to owner or shipped to next venue, punctually, for the lowest cost possible, while still guaranteeing integrity and quality of valuable and often extremely rare and irreplaceable materials.
- On occasion, may have to hand-deliver and/or retrieve prints from local archives and libraries.
- DCP Encryption: Ensure timely delivery of access keys for encrypted digital programs and deliver film materials between BAM’s administrative offices and the projection booth.
- Film Labeling: Ensure proper labeling of all film formats and proper delivery to their respective placement in the booth.
- DCP Tracker: Updating and organizing BAM’s internal DCP tracking list to ensure all necessary DCP conversions and/or other file conversions are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Technical Support: Helping to troubleshooting complicated screening with our projectionists and theater staff; working with artists to submit appropriate materials for their screening.
- Shipping Materials: Ensure that administrative office is properly stocked with shipping boxes, envelopes, packing tape, and markers.
- Medium Work - The employee should be able to exert 50 pounds of force, frequently walks and/or climbs stairs, lifts, carries, pushes or pulls objects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work Mondays and Fridays
- Solid knowledge of DCP, 35mm, 16mm, Digibeta, and Quicktime file formats
- Extremely organized and excellent attention to detail
- Must display strong initiative and creative solving techniques
- Strong communication skills with key business partners and high level guests via both verbal and written interactions
Application Instructions: must complete an online application at https://www.bam.org/about/careers/apply - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Pay Rate: Part-time $20.00 per hour, approx 20 hours per week
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
$20 per hour