91 Orchard Street, Street, Suite #10
NYC, NY, 10002
Live in Theater Productions, LIT LLC, a Drama Desk Award nominated and Golden Saber Award Winning interactive ensemble, is seeking Production Stage Manager/s for our unique interactive experiences. Productions are for private events and can happen whenever booked. Flexible schedule is a mandatory requirement. Please look below for “typical” days and times the productions can take place.
Each production is a 2.5 hour time frame (for the client) with a 2.5 hour (total) combined setup and strike, total combined time frame per event is approximately 5 hours. Pay rate: $150 per performance, coming out to $30 - $33 an hour, depending on how fast the stage manager can work.
This is a part-time position that can very possibly evolve into full time work.
Production Stage Manager must possess the following qualities:
- Extremely reliable
- The Stage Manager serves as the anchor for all productions, he/she is the front of house, the back of house, and the connector between the client, the actors, and the success of the production/event.
- Flexible Schedule Is Mandatory Requirement!
- Typically performances occur
M-F between 5 pm - 8 pm - can also take place in the afternoon, or early mornings
Scheduled months in advance
Thursday - Saturday 5 PM - 8 PM
- Private Party Performances
- Physically fit
- We require the stage manager to be able to travel from our storage unit to our partner venues (within a 4 block square) with our costumes (minimal) and props (minimal). We require that the stage manager set up the playing space and strike it as well. Chairs placed into groupings for audience teams, and setting up costumes and props is typically the extent of the “set up”.
- If productions are taking place further than 4 block radius, car/uber/taxi is arranged
- Applicant must be confident and self assured!
- You will be the face of LIT at all these events.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Our productions are very low production level with very high impact. Once you understand what is required it takes a thorough person to accomplish all the tasks, in a consistent and professional manner.
- Willing to take initiative and be innovative
- The Stage Manager handles every aspect of the setup and strike. Without the stage manager the productions will not function. The ideal candidate can roll with the punches and make adjustments whenever needed.
- Professional stage management experience a plus
- Communicating with client/s of the day of the event
- Giving actors notes after performances
- Filling out performance reports after each performance
Please see our website: liveintheater.com
Here are some of the highlights:
- Cutting edge of interactive NYC theater
- Murder mysteries and immersive experiences based on real NYC history
- 2011/2012 nominated for a prestigious Drama Desk Award
- 2013 CBS Local votes “Lombardi Case 1975” Top 6 Attractions for Groups in NYC
- 2015 LIT responsible for co-creating John Dewar & Son’s “Malts of Legend”
- 2015 “Malts of Legend” wins the Gold Sabre Award for innovative marketing
- 2015 “Malts of Legend” named event of the year by Holmes Report
- 2017, LIT opens in Madrid, Spain
- 2018, LIT opens in Austin, Texas
- 5 Star ratings on Yelp! and Tripadvisor
STAGE MANAGER DETAILS
- Production stage manager would learn two separate productions that are currently offered
- Our performances predominantly involve costumes & props for the characters
- No sets except for setting up and striking seating for the audience
- Minimal light and sound setup (depending on partner venue) tech capabilities
- Ongoing maintenance of all show related props, costumes, audience props, costume cleaning
- Generally an event is a 5hr time commitment and your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pick-up costumes & props from storage unit and transport to venue
- Layout all costumes & props for the actors
- Setup the room for the audience (this can include food if the client has requested appetizers/dinner)
- Greet and check in audience members
- Keep actors on schedule
- Troubleshoot any logistical problems during the show
- Occasionally photographing the performances
- Packing all costumes & props after the show
- Leave partner venues the way it was found
- Return all items to the storage unit
- Give actors notes (when needed)
- Submit Performance Reports
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL WITH RESUME, COVER LETTER AND REFERENCES TO INFO@LIVEINTHEATER.COM
$30-$33 an hour