RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a touring Production Stage Manager for an upcoming non-union national tour of XANADU.
About the role…
Non-union Production Stage Manager for the national tour of XANADU, with engagements across North America. Contract consists of approximately 20+ weeks of work beginning with NYC rehearsals in August 2019 and touring through March 2020 with potential to extend. Previous PSM and touring experience is required.
- Manage all rehearsals and performances including technical rehearsals and calling the show.
- Submit detailed post-rehearsal/performance reports.
- Support the director in all practical aspects of the show.
- Produce a detailed prompt copy of the script including blocking.
- Produce running and setting lists for rehearsal and performance.
- On tour, scheduling and facilitating rehearsals for put-ins and covers.
- Ensure that the artistic integrity of the show is maintained to the highest standard.
- Advance the tour with the Technical Director and Company Manager.
- Update contact sheets and other production paperwork as needed.
- Confer with local crew at each venue, to ensure effective running of the show.
- Some physical work required (ie: lifting boxes of props, putting up and taking down a curtain).
- In consultation with the Production Manager, agree to the technical schedule.
- Work with the Company Manager, Music Director, and Head Technician as a management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- A minimum of 2 years relevant technical and stage management experience, and touring experience
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to lead and communicate with creative and production teams
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly as required
- A sound understanding of planning/scheduling relating to technical and production activities
- Experience in managing petty cash records
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs safely with assistance
- Knowledge of and respect for adhering to industry and OSHA standard safety practices
- At least 21 years of age
- Schedule: Up to 7 working days per week
- Weekly compensation: Industry standard
- Contract from August 2019 to March 2020 with potential to extend
- Start Date: August 12th, 2019
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
August 12, 2019 -