Brass Jar Productions
New York, NY 10036
Resident Director / Company Manager for Trainspotting Live NYC
Full-time/Salaried (7+shows/week in addition to admin duties).
Anticipated Start Date: Monday June 11, 2018
Workplace: 777 8th Ave (near 47th St), New York, NY
Resident Director & Company Manager for Trainspotting Live
Brass Jar Productions is seeking a motivated & multi-talented individual to excel in the hybrid position of Resident Director & Company Manager for our upcoming production of Trainspotting Live.
“Trainspotting Live” is an immersive, visceral recreation of the famous film produced in collaboration with James Seabright (London), In Your Face Theatre (Edinburgh) and King's Head Theatre (London) and directed by Adam Spreadbury-Maher (London).
This position will require an individual that has experience with many aspects of theatre producing as well as directing. This position will likely be 80% Management tasks and 20% Resident Director tasks. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver with a positive attitude and excellent organizational and time-management skills. The Resident Director/Company Manager will report directly to the Producer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
RESIDENT DIRECTOR DUTIES
- Responsible for ensuring world-class quality in all elements of the production
- Casting as needed
- Rehearse new cast members into the show
- Ensure the original direction and playwright’s vision are consistently maintained
- Schedule and run brush-up rehearsals as needed (estimated 1 x 1-hr rehearsal/wk)
COMPANY MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Oversee all cast, crew and Front of House operations
- Cast & crew schedule
- Handle all patron inquiries, VIPs and group sales
- Oversee Stage Management
- Manage weekly payroll with cast and crew
- Other management and admin duties as needed from the producers
- Previous experience in Directing (contemporary work and/or immersive productions a plus)
- Previous experience in Producing Theatre, Company Management or Stage Management
- Desire for perfectionism, quality and excellence
- Attention to detail
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Self-motivated problem-solver
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Familiarity with Google Drive - Sheets, & Docs a plus.
- Valid work visa, residency or citizenship
ABOUT THE SHOW
Trainspotting is the story of Mark Renton and his friends living through the Edinburgh heroin scene of the 1980s. This punchy, 75-minute production recaptures the passion and the controversy of the famous novel by Irvine Welsh, then globally successful film, and repackages it into an immersive production – the audience are literally part of the show, including the notorious “Worst Toilet in Scotland” scene. This show will have an open-ended run.
See details of the award-winning show: www.trainspottinglive.com
Brass Jar Productions, managed by Scott Griffin, is the Producer & Co-Creator of the Off-Broadway hit comedy “Drunk Shakespeare”.
** $1100/week. $57,200/year.
** Paid vacation & holidays.
** Health benefits available after a probation period.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email resume in PDF format to Michael Amendola, Assistant Producer, at email@example.com and include the words “Trainspotting - Resident Director” in the subject line. Please do not include a cover letter or any other files or attachments. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
June 11, 2018 -
$57,200 / year