Washington, DC 20004
The National Theatre - located in the heart of downtown Washington, DC - seeks a highly motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented individual with entertainment and/or tourism sales and customer service experience to serve as its Sales Manager. This position will focus on fulfilling and expanding group and subscription sales for both the Broadway at the National season as well as additional programming including concerts, comedians, and speakers. This role will report to the Director of Marketing.
The Sales Manager will:
● Answer all inbound subscription and group inquiries via phone and email, providing the highest level of customer service possible and fulfilling all orders in Etix. Critical functions include reserving tickets, making order changes, upselling, and processing/filing requisite paperwork.
Desired skills and experience
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
● 2-4 years of experience in sales; preference given to those with entertainment and/or tourism sales experience.
● Experience providing customer service in person, via email, and via phone.
● Established connections in the DC community (tour operators, groups, corporate) a plus.
● Knowledge of database software or ticketing systems a plus.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Able to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, and handle multiple tasks at a time.
● Able to work non-traditional hours before, during, and after shows as needed.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample by February 28, 2019 to email@example.com. Please format subject line as APPLICATION - Sales Manager - Your Name. Salary commensurate with experience.