StoneDog Studios, a woman-owned and operated scene shop is growing fast and currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to help plan, execute and supervise a wide range of theater and special event projects and requests.
We collaborate with event/experiential marketing companies, theaters, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting-edge brand and theater experiences.
Must be cool. And must be able to work on-site in Freehold, NJ.
**** MUST HAVE PREVIOUS FABRICATION & SET EXPERIENCE ***
----Essential Duties & Responsibilities----
- Fully involved in project from bidding, material takeoffs to production handoff
- Help identify potential quality, material savings, and design cost issues
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings, in order to coordinate project needs and conflicts requiring resolution to fulfill design
- Proficient in CAD, Sketchup and/or Vectorworks, MS Office/Excel
- A wide knowledge of fabrication materials is essential
- Understanding of the different product types, materials, surfaces, finishes, etc. (i.e. wood, metal, plastics, fiberglass), used to fabricate themed products
- Strong construction and layout skills and the ability to read mechanical drawings
- Execute fabrication, assembly and carpentry for custom builds of all kinds
- Must have experience with wide variety of Hand and power tools
- Able to operate standard shop tools such as table saw, router, sanders, pneumatics and various hand power tools required in the fabrication and assembly of final products
- Specifically, Table saws, routers, planers, biscuit joiners, etc.
- Strong candidates will have prior knowledge of wood framing, welding, and finish carpentry
- Measure, cut, shape, and assemble materials, An eye for detail and extreme accuracy
- Assist in preparing elements for paint
- Attend load ins/Installs, to ensure smooth transition of scenery into venues
- Clean and safe working habits
- Able to drive Metro vans, 16’-26’ trucks (a plus!)
Leadership & Time Management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills Team player with leadership abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members, establishing and maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to work on their own and bring their own skills to bear to improve the processes and procedures already in place
- Quality control all elements throughout the fabrication process
- Professional attitude and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic and a great attitude
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Wood and metal shop equipment and power tools
- Able to lift, push, and/or pull heavy objects using appropriate tools
- Comfortable on ladders and at significant heights
Pay rate based on experience.
May 27, 2019 -
$22-30 per hour