Merkin Hall at Kaufman Music Center
New York, NY 10023
Kaufman Music Center (www.kaufmanmusiccenter.org) is one of New York City's most vibrant cultural organizations, combining the finest in music education for all ages with world class performance in Merkin Hall. Founded in 1952 as a community school for pre-conservatory music training, today's Center provides entertainment, education, and inspiration for more than 75,000 New Yorkers every year. Kaufman Music Center is made up of three unique divisions: Merkin Hall is renowned for its innovative and diverse programming spanning classical, new music, jazz, popular music and Broadway as well as for its perfect acoustics; Lucy Moses School, New York’s largest community arts school, offers classes in music, dance and theater for all ages, backgrounds and skill levels; Special Music School is the only K-12 public school in New York for musically gifted children—and a leading music education innovator.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Providing courteous service to our patrons
· Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
· Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
· Assisting with fire code safety procedures
· Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
· Other duties assigned by house manager
· Exceptional customer service ability
· Excellent communication skills
· Good problem solving skills.
· Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply: email letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.